The department of Orthopaedics & Trauma is known for advanced joint replacement surgery, major complex trauma including pelvic-acetabular fracture management, arthroscopic knee surgeries, paediatric orthopaedic surgeries, spine surgeries, deformity correction and bone tumour management.
Arthritis of hip and knee are common crippling disorders. Arthritis of shoulder, elbow and other joints are relatively rare. Knee arthritis particularly affects women above 60 years. Many of them require joint replacements. A well established joint replacement unit with state of the art operation theatres and team of doctors, occupational therapists, and physiotherapists to take care of these patients.
- Total knee Replacement
- Total hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Birmingham mid head resection
- Complex primary total hip and knee replacement
- Revision hip and knee replacement
- Computer navigated total knee replacement
- Unicondylar knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse shoulder replacement
Bone Tumour Management
have world class oncology department with state of the art equipments and investigative tools to treat all types of cancers including bone and soft tissues tumours.
Dedicated orthopaedic and oncology surgery team deals with :
- Tumour excision with megaprosthetic replacement
- Limb preservation surgery
- Bone cement filling technique
- Reconstructive limb surgery
Road Traffic Accident – Fracture Management
KMCH being located on NH 47 helps in treating trauma victims quickly and effectively within “The Golden Hour”. This is the only center in this region where surgically inaccessible deadly pelvic bleeding is controlled by the life saving angiographic coiling.
- Well equipped surgical ICU
- Dedicated Orthopedic trauma OT
- Advanced state of the art OT Table (Maquet).
- Advanced Orthopaedic instruments and implants.
- Polytrauma management
- Pelvic-Acetabular fracture management including interventional radiology
- Complex fractures of hip, shoulder, knee, elbow and spine
Paediatric Orthopaedics The hospital has an established paediatric Orthopaedic department.
- Congenital hip and knee contractures
- Club foot
- Paediatric fractures
- Deformity correction and Limb lengthening surgeries
- Arthrogram and EUA for DDH
- Ponsetti method of correction of CTEV