General surgical department is comprising of 4 consultants, each one does all the General Surgical work and has a sub-specialty interest of their own. Sub-specialties include Vascular surgery, Endocrine surgery, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery, Onco-surgery and Laparoscopic surgery. This is a well established department since 1990 and we have been doing all varieties of open and laparoscopic procedures.
Since our hospital is a tertiary referral centre, we get complicated cases and polytrauma cases from many small hospitals.
Education & Research
We have DipNB training programme and we get two trainees every year and they get trained for 3 years before they become qualified surgeons. We are very busy with our emergency work and our trainees are very well exposed to all kinds of complicated cases.
With the support of our Medical Oncology colleagus, we are managing all kinds of malignant cases. We do both open and laparoscopic surgeries for GI malignancies. All the consultants are well trained and qualified to do advanced Onco-surgical work.
- Thyroid Operations
- Radical neck dissection
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Modified Radical Mastectomy
- Breast Conservation Surgery for Breast cancer
- Vogotomy & Gastro-jejunostomy
- Pancreatic Surgeries
- Cholecystectomy with CBD Exploration
- Diaphragmatic hernia repair
- Incisional hernia repair & abdominoplasty
- Anterior Resection
- Abdomino-Perineal Resection
- Total/Subtotal/D2/Lap Gastrectomy
- Thoraco Laparoscopic Oesophago Gastrectomy
- Open/Laparoscopic Liver resection
- Open/Lap Whipple’s Procedure
- Distal Pancreatectomy +/- Splenectomy
- Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy (Bariatric)
- Lap Gastric by-pass (Bariatric)
- Emergency Laparotomy
- Retroperitoneal Tumour Excision
- Intra-Abdominal Tumour Resection